Archbishop Carroll High School
Schedules and Policies
Tuition at Archbishop Carroll High School (ACHS) for the 2012-2013 academic year is $11,250.
Incidental fees totaling $265 (see below) are billed for each student.
Tuition assistance/scholarship programs are available as follows:
1. Archdiocese of Washington – Available for any family who applies and qualifies for assistance. Contact the Finance Office for more information. All families are strongly encouraged to complete the PSAS tuition aid application for Archdiocesan tuition assistance.
2. Internal Tuition Assistance - Need based aid is provided when available. An application for internal assistance can be requested from
the finance office through May for the following school year. A completed PSAS application must be on file for consideration.
3. Academic Scholarships – Tuition aid intended to reward superior academic achievement regardless of financial need. Those interested may contact the Admissions Director.
4. Music Scholarships – Instrumental and Vocal Scholarships are offered through the Music Department. Contact the Department Chairperson for further information.
TUITION PAYMENT SCHEDULES
A. Annual Payment - 5% tuition discount applied if full tuition amount is paid by July 20th. Payment received after the due date will automatically forfeit the discount.
B. Semi-annual Payments – Tuition is paid in two installments, July 20th and December 20th.
C. 10-Monthly Payments – Tuition is paid in 10 equal installments beginning July 5th or July 20th and ending in April 2013.
Parents/Guardians that do not choose Payment Schedule A must enroll with FACTS Tuition Management. Payments are deducted from the parent/guardian’s checking, savings or credit card account by the designated due date (5th or 20th). FACTS charges an annual fee (2 payments - $10, 10 payments - $38) which is deducted upon completion of the agreement.
FACTS agreements may be created by clicking the link on our website (www.Archbishopcarroll.org) under Admissions – Finance Office.
Tuition statements are mailed on a monthly basis.
Follett is the official textbook provider for Archbishop Carroll High School. Textbooks may be purchased via our online bookstore. More information is available in the Main Office.
Risse Brothers is the official uniform provider for Archbishop Carroll High School. More information is available by visiting their website www.rissebrothers.com or calling their store in college park at 301-220-1987.
TUITION PAYMENT SCHEDULES
Payment Schedules Due Date
A Annual Plan July 20th $10,952.50
5% Discount (Applied to Tuition paid by family)
After July 20th $11,515
B Semi-annual July 20th $5,757.50
December 20th $5,757.50
C 10-Month Plan 5th or 20th (choose one) $1,151.50
July – April
The figures above include Tuition $11,250 and Incidental fees of $265.
The following incidentals are not included with the cost of tuition and are due when billed.
Registration Fee $350.00
Registration Fee (paid by Jan 2012) – returning students $300.00
Late Registration Fee (paid after Jan 2012) – returning students $350.00
Graduation Fee (Seniors Only) $250.00
Incidental fee $265.00
Comprised of the following
Fundraising Assessment $175.00
Campus Ministry Fee $75.00
Archbishop Carroll Parent Association Dues $10.00
Student Locker Fee $5.00
Returned Check Fee $35.00
A 1.5% finance charge may be assessed each month for any unpaid balance of overdue tuition.
Other fees may be applicable.
ARCHBISHOP CARROLL HIGH SCHOOL TUITION POLICIES
1. All tuition payment schedules begin in July. To begin classes in the fall semester, all tuition and fees billed to the account (i.e. July and August) must be paid.
2. All fees (i.e. registration fee, incidental fee etc.) are NON-REFUNDABLE.
3. Annual tuition payments not made by the scheduled due date will initiate a forfeit of the discount and may accrue a finance charge of 1.5% per month on any unpaid balance.
4. All accounts with a past due tuition balance may accrue a finance charge of 1.5% per month.
5. Students with a past due balance exceeding one monthly payment may be suspended at any time. Return to the classroom would be dependant upon satisfaction of the outstanding balance.
6. Archbishop Carroll High School reserves the right to refuse to provide official school records, including report cards, transcripts, and diploma to parent(s), student or other educational institution until all tuition, fees, and other financial obligations to Archbishop Carroll High School are satisfied in full.
7. Any senior with an outstanding financial obligation is not permitted to participate in the year-end Baccalaureate Mass or commencement exercises.
JULY All Fees, Annual tuition, Semi-Annual tuition, Monthly tuition
AUGUST Monthly tuition
SEPTEMBER Monthly tuition
OCTOBER Monthly tuition
NOVEMBER Monthly tuition
DECEMBER Semi-annual tuition, monthly tuition
JANUARY Monthly tuition, Registration Fee 2013-2014 (Non-graduates only).
FEBRUARY Monthly tuition
MARCH Monthly tuition
APRIL Monthly tuition
Should a student leave voluntarily during the school year refunds will be processed based on the following:
Payment Schedule A (Annual):
● Through August 3rd - 100% refund
● Through August 15th - 75% refund
● Through September 26th – 50% refund
● Through December 1st – 25% refund
● After December 1st – no refund
Payment Schedule B (Semi-Annual):
● Through August 3rd - 100% refund
● Through August 15th - 50% refund
● Through September 26th – 25% refund
● After September 26th – no refund
Payment schedule C
● No refund provided
Parents who select payment schedule C will be responsible for all tuition billed through the month of departure. Charges are billed on the 1st of each month and may not be prorated.
Tuition will not be refunded if a student is asked to withdraw or is expelled.
CAMPUS MINISTRY FEE
A fee of $75 is charged to each account as part of the incidental fee. This fee supports campus ministry activities school-wide, including retreats, liturgies, and the social service ministry.
PAAC (Parent Association of Archbishop Carroll) Dues
A fee of $10 is charged to each family as part of the incidental fee to cover membership dues.
The school provides opportunities for parents/guardians and students to help raise additional funds required to maintain a quality education. Two activities help the parents raise the $175 fundraising assessment. These activities are the Walk for Education in November and the Spring Benefit held in June.
GRADUATION FEE (Seniors Only)
Seniors are assessed a fee of $250. This fee covers all costs associated with the Baccalaureate Mass and graduation. These costs include the diploma and covers, graduation announcements, name cards, cap and gown, honor stoles and rental of the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception.
FINANCE OFFICE STAFF
Mr. David Brake
Chief Financial Officer – Ext. #126
Ms. Edythe White
Accounts Payable Associate – Ext. #125
Mr. Ian Smith
Accounts Receivable Associate – Ext. #251
Mr. Dessalegn Binalfew
Accounts Receivable Associate – Ext. #127